28 August 2012

Ten days in Townsville

Ok, so maybe a bit more than ten days, but it sounds good! :) We went swimming, ice skating, to the beach, and to the water park.

IMG_3373IMG_3384

Took me a while to get the hang of skating, but by the time our hour and a half was up I think I was nearly there! :)

 

IMG_3211IMG_3098

We found some cool shells on the beach while the little guys splashed in the water, and then suddenly someone spotted something big and dark in the waves further out. Remember, this is crocodile territory, and the worst and biggest kind live in saltwater. So Daddy’s like, “Get out of the water!” and of course the little guys didn’t respond. And then Mummy was saying, “Get out, now!” and they SLOWLY started walking out. “Quickly!” but Jireh sat down again to play in the water. So I ran in, grabbed him, and shot out again. He wasn’t happy with me! And Mummy was saying, “Get the puppies out of the water!” and nobody was doing it, so I ran in, grabbed Asta and passed her to Jessica, then grabbed Dixie, and we all stood on the shore away from the water, holding the dogs and the puppies and the little guys and watching the water and making sure no other dogs were coming up behind us. After about 10 minutes, we hadn’t seen the shape again, and other people were in the water further down, so the little guys went back into the shallows and we let the dogs and pups go. But I didn’t take my eyes off the water the whole time, after that. I dunno how I manage to watch Sparkie, the water, the puppies, and everything else all at the same time, but I barely ever miss anything. :)

 

The other night Jessica burned her knee on her light, which hangs from the roof of her bunk (the bottom of Chantel’s bunk). Apparently, everyone was either in bed or outside doing whatever, so, in her words, “I had to treat myself.” She could have woken me up, I wouldn’t have minded at all. It’s been ages since we’ve had a decent “Station 51” call. Usually it’s Jireh calling it out coz Gabrielle hit Suzanna, or Gabrielle fell over in the sand, or Jessica said something rude to Chana, or…. you get the idea. The last sensible call was probably a few months ago at Wallumbilla when Chana slipped climbing a tree and grazed her back (at least I think it was her back, it was so long ago!).

1 comment:

  1. Great stories Jaz and great to have spent some of those days with you too on the beach n at the water park etc. For those you don't watch Emergency you may like to think about explaining those 'station 51' quotes you used, so we all know where they come from and possibly what they mean too. Can't say I have ever watched it myself, but I knew about you watching them so could guess what you were meaning. Just a though. Hugs n enjoy the rest of your Cairns road trip.

    ReplyDelete