18 August 2013

Stability in Change

The most important thing I’ve learned since I’ve been driving is “always expect other drivers to do something stupid,” because a lot of the time they will. Overtaking in front of road trains, overtaking on a solid white line, pulling out of a parking space or side road right in front of you, not using their indicators, general law-breaking and stupidity. How on earth did these guys ever pass their driving test?!
drivingNT
It’s a common statement – “children need to grow up in a stable environment.” And maybe it’s true, I don’t know. All I know is that living on the road must seem like a very variable lifestyle. We know our camp will change every few days, but there’s heaps of things that don’t change. In the van we sit in the same seat every trip, and we only swap seats if I’m driving instead of Daddy. In the tent we put our beds in the same place every night. We have coffee/hot chocolate/milk every morning. I even have the same cup every time. Sparkie and me go for an on lead walk every day, usually in the morning while the jug is boiling for coffee. So not everything changes.
IMG_4316
It was a very fast trip from Isa and it’s been good to stop for a few days with friends in NSW. They’ve even let us stay in a little one bedroom + lounge house next to them, with its own toilet and shower and kitchen. They have three small dogs too, who Freya is enjoying playing with, although I think she’s a bit too boisterous for them! It’s amazing how green it is down here after Winton/Isa/Tennant Creek, and I’m looking forward to performing at Quorn on Sunday. Should be nice and green there too!
Freya_sixmonths1Freya_sixmonths2
^ the beautiful Freya, six months old now! ^
I have a video of Sparkie’s latest trick on Facebook, won’t let me put it here because it’s uploaded to Facebook not YouTube. So you’ll have to go to the Superdogs page to see it – www.facebook.com/superdogsaustralia
We have another performance lined up after Quorn, a fundraiser in Melbourne. And another currently being organised in Naracoorte SA, so still just a possibility at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment