28 November 2023

Life updates

Hi, yes, it's been forever since I posted anything on here. Life got busy and it didn't seem like many people read blogs anymore, so it didn't feel worth the effort putting time into it when I had plenty else to do. 


But anyway, some life updates since my last post nearly 2.5 years ago. I've been working at the same farm since then raising calves and relief milking. I got two new calves, Zuko and Annie; Zuko is now broke to ride while Annie is due to have a baby of her own in about six weeks or so. I moved out of my parents' place early this year - a tiny place which I love but I plan to be moving on from soon, just hoping I can find somewhere with a little bit more backyard space. I got another dog in the winter, a heading dog named Swifty who has just turned 16 months. And Skuggi has just won into Jumpers A! Our first time competing in A is coming up next month. Sparkie is 15 years old now, pretty much deaf and half blind but still going, such a tough cookie. She just had a UTI recently which is the first illness she's had since 2016. Happy she's finished her course of antibiotics as of this morning because she's such a pain to make swallow pills! 

2023 has been a good and bad year as all of them are. One of my uncles passed away on New Year's Day and my mum flew back to Australia for two weeks or so to support the family. We lost some pets and we got some other pets. Did a lot of road trips - including up to Wellington in April with my dad, where he caught covid for the first time and brought it home to the family. Within three days all nine of us were crook! Thankfully it didn't hit any of us really hard though and we bounced back pretty quick.


If people are interested to start reading my blog again, I'll endeavour to post more frequently!

No comments:

Post a Comment