14 September 2013

Opportunity

I have some big news. You remember Roy Maloy, a circus-type performer we met at Winton and then Mt Isa? Well, this week he messaged me and offered me a spot in a show he’s in. Actually, two shows. Sort of. Ok, that didn’t really make much sense, did it?

 

First of all, I’ll be performing once at the Whittlesea Show on November 2. Last year, 50,000 people were expected to come through the gates. It’s one of the biggest agricultural shows in Victoria. Then, that same night, I’ll be doing two performances for a wine and cheese thing in the city, performing to a live band. It’s a big deal, a high-calibre event with a line up of “best in the business” entertainers. The whole family’s coming along, but it’ll be just me and Sparkie actually performing. Roy’s helped me pick out a costume, which really drove home what I’m getting myself into – jeans and a t-shirt won’t cut it here!

bestfriendwallpaper

(every blog post needs a picture!)

2 comments:

  1. Sending you a massive congratulations on going for your dream, and for achieving it.
    You will rock both shows! Looking forward to seeing your costume and to following your journey :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow amazing...what a big step up. We'll be watching this space!

    ReplyDelete