28 September 2013

Won’t Get Fooled Again

Today, I learned something. Actually I was reminded of something I’d already learned and let fall by the wayside as I moved on.

 

In May 2010, just after our second Gympie Show, we went to a dog training club to see if we could sign up for agility class. They told us we had to do about two months of basic obedience class before we were allowed to do agility, no exceptions. We felt very unwelcome. That night, after I’d cried and felt awful about it, I was just even more determined to make it in the world, on my own.

 

Today I learned that people are still untrustworthy. Even Roy Maloy. He’s just changed his mind about having me at the shows, because I asked too many questions about them. The reason I kept asking so many questions was A. I’ve never done anything like that before and wanted to know what to expect, and B. he kept changing the rules. First he said my whole family was welcome to come along, and then when I asked again he said they weren’t. First he said he wanted me to do one performance at night, then when I double-checked he said two. First he said I needed to do my own hair and makeup, then he said he’d get someone else to do it for me. So I kept asking, checking and rechecking the facts just to be sure what would happen on the day. I don’t know if I was too annoying, and he just got fed up with me, or if something else is going on. Roy also said he had a list as long as his arm of famous/world record holding entertainers offering to perform for him for free, whereas I was going to be paid for my part. He was the one who offered to pay me, I didn’t ask for it! I was very upset at first, but now I’m just angry. How could he let me get all excited, for two weeks, and then pull the plug? So I’ve decided not to rely on anyone else to get me where I want in life, I can do it myself. If anyone else offers me something, I might take it, or I might not. And I definitely won’t be so trusting. I won’t get fooled again.

 

The podiums we made specifically for his events will still be used in our own shows. Roy spent his own money on my costume so that’s his loss, not ours. In the long run, this will just make me stronger, more determined to make my career with Superdogs work. I’m already writing up a list of goals for the future, that I’ll be working towards on my own without relying on anyone else. I’ll train my dog myself, get my own shows organized, never depend on anyone but myself to get me where I want to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment