2 January 2014

Loose Ends

I entered 2014 with so many cling-ons from the previous year that I’m already feeling bogged down. I threw off the grudges I’d been holding and forgave the people who messed up my year, but there were some loose ends I was unable to tie up. Take the situation with our agent, Joy, for example. Since she growled at me for “speaking poorly” of Roy, back at the beginning of October, I’ve tried repeatedly to contact her via email but so far there’s been no response. That’s the biggest frustration for me at the moment.

 

There haven’t been many interesting moments in my life lately. December was a month of boring, normal life stuff. No surprises, no challenges. It’s been slow and quiet around here. We emptied out our storage shed in Young the week before Christmas. Apart from that, we’ve just been cruising around NSW and Victoria, wondering what 2014 will bring.

 

We spent Christmas and the last week of 2013 by a river, which was great because it was stinking hot most days. We watched the NYE fireworks from a campsite just out of Wagga Wagga, and just managed to avoid the crowd of drunks who staggered through the camp just as we were driving out. I overheard a few slurred comments of, “Happy New Year,” and “Is that a party bus?” A very typical New Year’s Eve!

 

And we still haven’t gotten a new computer, so no photos yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment