14 January 2014

Two Weeks In…

…and it’s shaping up to be a miserable year. This post is basically me talking about how bad I’m feeling right now. So please, nobody tell me about their own life’s troubles. I’m perfectly aware that some other people’s lives suck worse than mine does right now.
 

I finally got fed up with Joy ignoring me and told her that “because you have ignored all my emails for the last three months, I'm assuming you are no longer working for us. Please remove the Superdogs page from your website.” That was all. And the next day she emailed back, told me I was aggressive and demanding, and that it would be a pleasure to stop working for us. By this point I was just so over people mucking me around. So I emailed back, apologized for any unprofessional behaviour on my part, and just coz I was getting mad, I asked her about Naracoorte. We have two different stories about that. Joy says she was negotiating prices with the organisers of the Naracoorte Show, but nothing came of it and the show date came and went. The organiser said he had deleted the email from Joy, and never responded to it at all. So I explained this to Joy, and asked her who was telling the truth? She didn’t appreciate that at all, and said “the reputation you have made for yourself as difficult and aggressive is well earned,” signing off with “please never contact us again.”
 
As much as I was enjoying the Service Dog Training, something else came up and I decided to cancel it. I finally decided which path to take at The Crossroads, and I’ll explain it all when my head’s in the right place.
 
Right now, I keep asking myself if I’ve made the right decisions. Is Joy right? Was it wrong to ask about Naracoorte? I can’t help thinking I’ve made a terrible mistake. Maybe several mistakes. Maybe I’ve burned bridges that I might want to cross later. I’m looking ahead at the future I’ve just created for myself, and I wonder if it’s really what I wanted. I certainly didn’t mean for anyone to consider me “aggressive and demanding.”
 
I’ve tried my hardest to be professional, to keep my reputation clean, to be honest and respectful. The Superdogs was the only good thing to come out of 2011. My sister’s death provided the push I needed to make the team official, to email the Goomeri Pumpkin Festival to line up our first show. I needed something to focus on, something to give me a reason to keep going. My team kept me moving forward, but now, I’m not sure what went wrong. Things were so simple in our early days. It was the family business. Everything was handled in our little circle. There were no misunderstandings that we couldn’t talk through. I like it better that way, and I have no issues with Joy taking her crap and stuffing it somewhere else. But somewhere along the way we’ve made an enemy and I do have an issue with that.
 
So, like I said, 2014 is shaping up to be a miserable year.



(Next post should be a bit lighter. We just spent a week caretaking a friend’s house and had to look after chooks, ducks, pigs, goats, a horse, and a really sweet old dog.)

No comments:

Post a Comment